It’s Fearless Friday, family, and today I want you to know that “a good laugh is sunshine in a house” (Thackeray). In other words, enjoy a good laugh today – be fearless without abandon. I’ve spoken of this before, but I don’t think many of us realize the physical and emotional value laughter has in our growth and development. Laughter puts you in the present moment – in the now. It is a wonderful reminder that you are alive and well at this exact moment. But even more important, here’s what laughter can do for your health according to http://www.care2.com/greenliving/8-health-benefits-of-laughter.html#ixzz2H1RDCb9Y:
- Lower blood pressure
- Increase vascular blood flow and oxygenation of the blood
- Give a workout to the diaphragm and abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg, and back muscles
- Reduce certain stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline
- Increase the response of tumor- and disease-killing cells such as Gamma-interferon and T-cells
- Defend against respiratory infections–even reducing the frequency of colds–by immunoglobulon in saliva
- Increase memory and learning; in a study at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, humor during instruction led to increased test scores
- Improve alertness, creativity, and memory
I know that many of us are recovering from sickness or a tough 2012, but listen, “joy cometh in the morning” and laughter ‘maketh a merry heart.’ Be open to receiving or giving the gift of the present today through a good, hearty chuckle. Watch an old comedy classic today or look at old photographs of you from back in the day. Embrace fearlessness today.
Visit me today at www.rebekahpierce.synthasite.com and click on “Walk the Journey with Rebekah” for news on how I can partner with you today to make 2013 the year of YOU. Namaste.