Okay, so saying you’re an artist and being one are two totally different things. Why? Because the former is an inactive state and the latter is ACTION. So, how do you keep yourself in action when you are feeling low or discouraged? How do you keep your joy and enthusiasm when you have so many rejection letters, you can use them to wallpaper an entire room? Here are five tips to not only help you move in ACTION, but to stay connected to your gift:
1. The three P’s: Passion, Prayer & Persistence. You have to remember why you do what you do – because you LOVE it! Passion is a powerful motivator. Some may not believe in the idea of God, but prayer is still a powerful thing. It awakens the universe to your desires and when you are passionate about what you do and you send that up through prayer/meditation, the message will be received. But, if you do not persist in the work of being in action, it will all be for not.
2. It’s about building a platform to reach your audience. You are a brand and that means you are in business. What is the message you deliver through your work? Who is your target audience? That is, who will spend their hard earned dollars to buy what you sell? What do they look like? Where do they go for fun? How can you reach them? No of this will matter, however, if you do not have a clearly defined platform. In fact, what is your message/platform? Can you describe it in one sentence? People will buy what/who they can connect to. Know you and believe in your platform.
3. Talk about it. No one is going to know who you are or what you do if you do not open your mouth, be confident and proud, and say who YOU are and WHAT you do. No one can believe in you if you do not believe in yourself. Remember, there is an audience for everything, but they won’t know about you if you do not find the words to “announce” you.
4. Word of mouth is not to be underestimated. One fan can reach hundreds of people. The more you reach out to people/market yourself (see #3), the more chances you have to reach that #1 fan who will go run and tell it on the mountain. Don’t believe me? I have two words for you: The Gospel.
5. On the days when you are feeling low, and it happens to all of us, do not wallow in the despair. Reach out for encouragement. Ask your fans, friends and family (the Crying Angel Network) for a word of encouragement. Do not be afraid to let people know that you are in need. This is not about pride because in the end, it’s not really about you at all. It’s about the message – the story – the universe, your muse, has asked you to share with the world.
So, with all of that said, let’s encourage one another and stay passionate in action. I want to share one of my stories with you as encouragement. It sat on the shelf for four years because everyone said the world wasn’t ready for it. But my muse – the universe – kept at me about it. Watch The Briefcase at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdSGILEwxpQ (Part I) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j56nNUSeUh4&feature=related (Part II).
You do not have to like me personally, but don’t shut your ears down to the message the universe has given me to share with you. I am passionate about what I do and I am persistent. I talk about it to whomever will listen, and I call on my Crying Angel Network when I am in need of encouragement. My platform is to empower and encourage people to love who they are and to create a definition for themselves. I am an artist!